Summer Reading Blitz Windup

A month ago I entered the Summer Reading Blitz challenge hosted by Readings and Ruminations in which each participant sets out to read 30 books in 30 days (or a book a day for the month of June).

My final reading total? ...23 books!!

Not too shabby. I was quite pleased with myself even though I didn't make my actual goal - I still feel pretty good about my progress. I attacked some books and series that I had been wanting to read for quite some time and that made for some wonderful reading. My favorites from the month have to be Silent on the Moor (cause Brisbane is delicious) and Daughter of the Forest (and because Marillier is magic with a pen) - both were wonderful books I can see myself sinking into time and again. This was a fun challenge that I seriously enjoyed participating in.

The Whole Shebang or books I read while I neglected housework and other nonessential functions for a month:

1. Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork - my review
2. Magic Lost, Trouble Found by Lisa Shearin - my reivew
3. 'Tis by Frank McCourt - my review
4. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson - my review
5. Secret Society Girl by Diana Peterfreund - my review
6. Under the Rose by Diana Peterfreund - my review
7. Cast in Shadow by Michelle Sagara - my review
8. A Room With a View by E.M. Forester - my review wherein I rave about this book
9. Silent on the Moor by Deanna Raybourn - my review
10. Stray by Rachel Vincent - my review
11. The Treasure Keeper by Shana Abé
12. Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce - my review
13. In the Hand of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce - my review
14. The Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne - my review
15. Little Lady, Big Apple by Hester Browne - my review
16. The Little Lady Agency and the Prince by Hester Browne - my review
17. The Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce - my review
18. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
19: One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
20. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier - my review
21. Son of the Shadows by Juliet Marillier - my review
22. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell - review coming soon - it will blow your mind, the book will that is...
23. Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce - my review

What was your favorite book from the month of June?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did awesome! I think 23 is an incredibly good result in 30 days! I did similar and like you, I'm not disappointed but I feel good of having read as much :)

I love your list. I've read a few and have so many on my TBR list! :)

Michelle said...

Thanks infiniteshelf! I'm impressed with your list too - french books no less.

David Lee said...

That's an amazing feat. I know you're a fast reader, but still, you must have put Petey to bed at 5 oclock every day to get thru that many books!