I just gained like 10 pounds

I picked up Jan Karon's Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader on a whim as a Christmas present for my mom because she really likes the series (I've never read the books myself) but after flipping through, I just knew it would never make it under the Christmas tree. Oh boy, are there ever some good 'ole fashioned recipes just like my Granny used to make in here. And they're all FROM SCRATCH! Just this last week I made chicken and dumplings, apple pie, beef stew, cinnamon rolls, and now I'm eyeing a chocolate raspberry cake.
Don't even ask me to step on a scale right now. I think I'll just head back to the kitchen...

p.s. sorry mom, I'll find you something else, I promise

2 comments:

M.A.D. said...

Mary D

ooh, love that cover! 'think I just gained 5 lbs looking at it hehe

Michelle said...

Mary - isn't the cover fantastic? I know, I have no self control and when it says: Chocolate raspberry cake - I'm a goner.